Volvo 850 pre-alignment checks service manual
Volvo 850 service & repair manual
1995 Volvo 850
PRE-ALIGNMENT INSPECTION PROCEDURES
Before making wheel alignment adjustment, perform the following checks:
1) Tires should be equal in size and runout must not be excessive. Tires and wheels should be in balance, and inflated to manufacturer’s specifications.
2) Wheel bearings must be properly adjusted. Steering linkage and suspension must not have excessive looseness. Check for wear in
tie rod ends and ball joints.
3) Steering gear box must not have excessive play. Check and adjust to manufacturer’s specifications.
4) Vehicle must be at curb height with full fuel load and spare tire in vehicle. No extra load should be on vehicle.
5) Vehicle must be level with floor and with suspension settled. Jounce front and rear of vehicle several times and allow it to settle to normal curb height.
6) If steering wheel is not centered with front wheels in straight-ahead position, correct by shortening one tie rod adjusting sleeve and lengthening opposite sleeve equal amounts.
7) Ensure wheel lug nuts are tightened to torque specifications.
Disclaimer: Volvotips has the exclusive courtesy of Volvo Car Corporation and Volvo Cars Heritage to publish the Volvo Greenbooks (service manual), parts catalogs and other Volvo-material and publications. Commercial use and publishing at other websites of these items is prohibited.